Okay so its waaaaay past my bed time but I am definitely not going to be sleeping much tonight and I really wanted to write down how I was feeling and thinking so I could look back and laugh at this next year. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Tomorrow is my very first day of teaching ON MY OWN! I cannot believe this day has actually arrived. I am so nervous and I feel so unprepared but at the same time I am so excited and know that they day will come and go just as any other. I met some of my students today and they are so much smaller and younger than I was expecting. The parents are really supportive so far and I just know it will all work out but holy cow. I’ve been thinking about being a teacher for most of my life and now there’s no turning back!
There are still a few things missing in my classroom but I am embracing the whole flexibility thing that comes with the profession. Aubrey saw this great idea from a school she worked at once where the students each get a puzzle piece to decorate on the first day of school and then when they put the pieces together, it spells out their classroom (in my case, 3A). I totally ran with this idea because I think it will be a good way for me to get to know my kids while they work on solving problems as a team. I have my students for almost the entire day tomorrow and then hardly at all on Thursday (the specials schedule is really different here since it’s a bilingual school and the students needs to have an X number of subjects devoted to Spanish) so I need to have a lot of activities planned for tomorrow. Hopefully there is not too much down time and I can make sure they have plenty of stuff to keep them busy… we’ll see!
Anyway, I hope all is well at home for all those reading. I’ll post about the aftermath if I have even an ounce of energy left after tomorrow ☺
Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment