Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kids Day

Welp, I should really be filling out my report cards right now but I've noticed that the lack of blogging is creating bigger distances between myself and my readers. I don't want to lose you all so I am sacrificing one of my plan periods to make an update. Do you feel special? You should :)

Well as mentioned, the end of the quarter is today which means over the last week we have been giving final exams, grading, entering scores, writing comments, entering data, setting up conference, etc. Our jobs get intensely hectic for a week and a half each quarter and no matter what we do to prepare ourselves, its incredibly time consuming.

Anyway, on Friday we all took a break from it all and celebrated "Kids Day" at school (though my mother always told me, "everyday is kids day!"). It ended up being "Hannah Day" for me as I enjoyed my first moments of fame... well, lets be honest... my last moments of fame. We had an assembly with these clown-like (but not dressed as clowns luckily) ladies teaching the kids dances and other such things. All students grades 2-5 were packed into the cafeteria while screaming and eating popcorn and drinking sweetened juice. The clown ladies then asked for one teacher for each grade level to come on stage to spin a plastic plate on a plastic stick. I was egged on by my kiddos and went on stage. Then before the act even began and as soon as all the other grade level teachers were on stage, the entire audience, for whatever reason, started chanting, "Mees Han-nah! Mees Han-nah! Mees Han-nah!" It was the greatest moment of my life! All these tiny people cheering me on! I felt like I was a superhero about to save Guatemalan children from an unentertaining "Kids Day." Unfortunately, I was not particularly talented at plate spinning so my early success proved to be a fluke but still. Nothing really makes me happier than when little kids show their love for ol' Mees Ana :)

3B on "dress as you want" day... are you loving my dude on the far right?

I guess that is about all I am going to have time to share with you today. I promise to become more dedicated to sharing these storie just as I always promise. Maybe I'll start posting my updates so you won't have to check and be disappointed every time there is nothing new?

No comments:

Post a Comment